Original from Chelsea98.com Hui Zhou Million Dragon Great Health
Recently, the "British Columbia Hepatitis B Prevention Association", which is mainly composed of Chinese physicians, was established in Canada. The association is an organization under the "Canada Health Promotion Association". As early as 2012, the Chinese Overseas Chinese Mutual Aid Association based in Vancouver, the Hepatitis Project of British Columbia and the University of British Columbia jointly formed the "Hepatitis B Medical Advisory Committee" with the purpose of institutionalizing the prevention and treatment of hepatitis. The World Hepatitis Alliance (WHA) is a non-governmental organization established on November 4, 2007. It represents more than 200 viral hepatitis patient groups worldwide, and 500 million viral hepatitis patients have the same voice. In order to coordinate global activities to increase awareness of viral hepatitis, the alliance established May 19, 2008 as the first "World Hepatitis Day", and is committed to leading and supporting viral hepatitis science popularization and patient education worldwide. Efforts to improve the survival status of patients with viral hepatitis. Its vision is to eliminate the hazards of hepatitis B and C to humans: through cooperation with patients and related institutions from all over the world, gradually increase the awareness, prevention, screening, diagnosis, treatment and support of global viral hepatitis, with a view to eventually reaching a global level The goal of the world to eliminate the harm of viral hepatitis.
Why are several hepatitis B associations so active?
Related experts cited a series of breathtaking statistics on hepatitis B:All over the world4Billion people are carriers of hepatitis B; of these patients, Asians account for 75%, about 3100 million people, including 2.4 ChineseBillion, Account for 380 million people%; about 200 people die from hepatitis B infection each yearMillion people; 80% Of liver cancer patients are caused by hepatitis B; British Columbia has the highest incidence of hepatitis B in North America. The incidence of hepatitis B among Chinese Canadians is 7Times.More than 2 billion people in the world have been infected with hepatitis B, and about 40% of boys and 15% of girls were infected with hepatitis B in childhood, and died from complications of hepatitis B when they were young .Hepatitis B in humans10Killer, ranked 9th. There are nearly 200Ten thousand died from complications of hepatitis B. In other words, 4,500 people are killed every day because of this terrible killer. In addition, according to the Canadian Cancer Society report, since 1970, the incidence of liver cancer in Canadian men has tripled, and the incidence of liver cancer in women has doubled.The main cause of liver cancer is hepatitis B infection (Hepatitis B) And Hepatitis C).
Hepatitis is called the "silent killer" because the symptoms are hidden and difficult to detect. There are mainly five types of hepatitis viruses in hepatitis, namely A (A), B (B), C (C), D (D) and E (E). Due to the burden of the disease and the resulting deaths, as well as the possibility of outbreaks and epidemic transmission, these five types of hepatitis have received the most attention. In particular, hepatitis B and C, which cause hundreds of millions of people to suffer from chronic diseases, are also the most common causes of liver cirrhosis and cancer. The typical cause of hepatitis A and E is the consumption of contaminated food or water.
In this article, we will briefly introduce the types of hepatitis, focusing on the current situation of hepatitis B patients in China, the United States and Canada, and finally we will introduce several practical and effective dietary treatment options.
Hepatitis B (hepatitis B) is a terrible filtering virus (HBV). It slowly invades the human liver, causing liver disease, and even hardening the liver and losing its function. Many people are transformed by this. It is liver cancer, which eventually leads to death. Chronic hepatitis B is an invisible killer. Many people are asymptomatic until it's too late. An effective and easy way to check whether a person is infected is to perform a blood test for the hepatitis B virus surface antigen (HbsAg). A positive test for the hepatitis B virus surface antigen indicates that the subject has been infected with chronic hepatitis B virus and needs to be treated by a specialist who is familiar with hepatitis B virus.
China is the country with the largest number of people infected with hepatitis B virus (HBV). Among the 350 to 400 million chronic hepatitis B virus carriers in the world, more than one-third are in China. According to the latest data released by the Chinese Society of Liver Diseases and the Branch of Infectious Diseases of the Chinese Medical Association, there are about 93 million people living with chronic hepatitis B virus infection in mainland China. At present, the prevalence of hepatitis B in China has dropped significantly, especially the positive rate of surface antigen among children under 5 years old is close to the prevalence in Europe and North America.
In the report of the American Institute of Medicine, the screening of hepatitis B is an important topic. The American Institute of Medicine is a very influential institution, and the US government uses its results to formulate relevant policies. Chronic hepatitis B is a very common and important disease in the Chinese population. It is estimated that about 2 million people are infected with chronic hepatitis B, most of them are Asian Americans, and one in 10 people is chronically infected with hepatitis B virus. Of these, 25% develop serious damage to the liver, which may be fatal.
Many basic medical doctors in the United States, even in the ten states with the highest proportion of Asian and Pacific Islander populations (California, New York, Ohio, Washington, Florida, Hawaii, New Jersey, Texas, Illinois) And Massachusetts), did not provide screening for hepatitis B virus in their clinic. Community screening activities still play an important role, especially for the poor and new immigrants who do not have health insurance. New immigrants often have obstacles of this kind and basic medical doctors. The key point of this form of screening is how to link it with treatment. Relevant mechanisms, such as contact with the subject before the screening activity and subsequent vaccination and doctor follow-up after the activity, must be properly formulated and implemented.
What about in Canada?
According to Statistics Canada, there are more than 270,000 Canadians with chronic hepatitis B, and the number is increasing at a rate of 3,000 new cases each year. The prevalence of hepatitis B is most common among Chinese, Italian, Southeast Asian and Aboriginals. Dr. Morris Sherman, the chairman of the Canadian Liver Foundation and the liver specialist of Toronto General Hospital, said: In Canada, there are 600,000 people suffering from hepatitis B and C, and 40% of them are concerned about themselves. He didn't know about his condition. Early diagnosis and early treatment, coupled with appropriate health care, hepatitis B and C can be cured, and patients with liver disease can also live a long and healthy life. However, the Chinese have a higher rate of hepatitis B than other ethnic groups. According to the Canadian Liver Foundation, among the 300,000 known hepatitis B patients in the country, up to 60% are Chinese, and half of them live in Ontario. Most Chinese liver cancer patients in the Greater Toronto Area are caused by hepatitis B.
Dr. Edward Lin, Specialist in Liver Diseases and Gastroenterology, Toronto Zhaokang Hospital, said: Many Chinese are taboos from doctors and do not face and deal with them. Although medical progress has been made, hepatitis B has been treated with drugs, but the proportion of people receiving correct treatment Still low. In particular, some people discriminate against patients with liver disease. When they hear of hepatitis B, they think of isolation and divide their lives. That is because they don’t know enough. They think that if they eat and live together, they will be infected, and they don’t know that hepatitis B vaccine can To prevent.
It is especially worthy of our Chinese Canadians’ attention that Chinese are the biggest victims of hepatitis B. According to Dr. Yang Guang, who sponsored the "British Columbia Hepatitis B Prevention Association", hepatitis B is very common in developing countries, especially in China, Africa, and Southeast Asia. In Canada and other regions, 75% of patients suffering from hepatitis B are of Asian descent, and Chinese account for 80% of these Asian patients.
Hepatitis B virus (HBV) Is 50% more infectious than HIVUp to 100Times. Hepatitis B can be prevented by a safe, available and effective vaccine, and it can also be prevented by antiviral drugs during pregnancy. Since hepatitis B virus (HBV) vaccination was implemented as planned immunization, vertical transmission from mother to child has been effectively controlled. However, in China, sexual transmission, iatrogenic transmission, and intravenous drug transmission among high-risk groups have increased. There are also low HBV vaccination rates in rural areas, vaccination failures, missed blood donors, and increased HBV variant strains. HBeAg(-) The proportion of chronic hepatitis B is increasing, and HBV occult infection exists. In North America, due to unprotected sex, tattooing, piercing, trimming toenails and nails, or using equipment that is not properly disinfected during medical procedures, sharing hygiene products (such as razors, toothbrushes, Nail clippers) will aggravate the spread and infection of HBV. Therefore, it is necessary to implement a multi-step comprehensive prevention strategy to effectively prevent HBV infection.
Regarding the current status of hepatitis epidemic, what should ordinary people pay attention to?
1. Pay attention to personal hygiene and eat less unhygienic fresh seafood;
2. Take the initiative to go to the hospital to check your hepatitis vaccine (antibody) status every year;
3. Consult a few local certified nutrition and health managers;
4. Some patients with hepatitis take multiple drugs at the same time, which may damage the liver. You should learn how to use drugs safely or consult more;
5. Understand the relevant medical policies of the local government and the costs of related drugs and vaccines;
6. Ask the local reliable medical insurance company whether it can protect hepatitis B patients (less or expensive);
7. Help those around you who have not taken treatment or epidemic prevention to find a family doctor or consult a health manager, and compare and weigh to determine a treatment plan.
Nutritional therapy for liver function
For common liver diseases and hepatitis B virus carriers, the lowest cost and most non-toxic therapy is diet therapy. 15 antioxidant foods that must be eaten for liver nourishment:
1. Garlic: Helps the liver activate enzymes that detoxify. A large amount of allicin and selenium help the liver to eliminate toxins. Onions, garlic, green onions and other sulfide-rich vegetables can promote the production of glutathione in the liver, neutralize free radicals in cells, and have detoxification and anti-aging effects.
2. Grapefruit: Rich vitamin C has antioxidant effect and helps the liver eliminate carcinogens and other toxins.
3. Beets and carrots: These two types of vegetables are very high in plant flavonoids and β-carotene, which can improve liver function.
4. Green leafy vegetables: Green leafy vegetables can be eaten raw, cooked or squeezed. They can neutralize metals, chemicals and pesticides in foods and purify the liver. You can try to eat some vegetables such as bok choy and mustard greens to metabolize the garbage in the liver. Green leafy vegetables can metabolize toxic substances in the liver.
5. Green tea: Green tea contains plant antioxidant "catechin", which helps liver function operation.
6. Avocado (Avocado): This nutrient-dense superfood helps the body produce "glutathione" antioxidants, which the liver needs to filter out toxic substances.
7. Cruciferous vegetables: Cruciferous vegetables including broccoli and spore cabbage can increase the content of thioglycoside in the body and assist in the production of enzymes responsible for digestion.
8. Lemon: Lemon and other citrus fruits are rich in vitamin C, which helps the body detoxify and promote digestion.
9. Turmeric: Liver likes spice the most! Try adding some spices to your food to help the body digest fat, eliminate carcinogens and improve liver detoxification. Turmeric powder is good for organ detoxification and is a great spice. Ginger also has similar effects.
10. Walnut: Walnut contains a lot of "glutathione" and Omega-3 fatty acids, which can improve the efficiency of liver detoxification.
11. Olive oil: Olive oil can strengthen liver detoxification to prevent the accumulation of toxic substances in the organs.
12. Apple cider vinegar: its constituents are: potassium, phosphorus, iron, pectin, malic acid, acetic acid, aspartic acid, vitamin C, etc. Among them, malic acid has the function of protecting the liver and can promote ammonia metabolism. Reduce blood ammonia concentration, improve liver detoxification and metabolism; and pectin can adsorb heavy metals and other harmful substances in food, and promote the excretion of fat and cholesterol.
13. Mung bean: As a summer pet, it not only has good edible value, it can relieve heat and quench thirst, detoxify, but also has good medicinal effects. It can enhance appetite, antibacterial, protect liver, protect spleen and kidney, and the phenylalanine in mung bean Acid amidolytic enzyme can prevent hepatitis B small three positives from transforming to liver cancer, and certain active ingredients contained in mung beans can also improve the immunity of patients with hepatitis B small three positives, thereby enhancing disease resistance.
14. Seaweeds: Seaweeds such as kelp and laver can detoxify the liver and prevent the human body from absorbing toxic heavy metals such as cadmium and other environmental toxins. Researchers at McGill University in Canada found that the compounds contained in brown algae can reduce the absorption of radioactive particles by bones.
15, berries. Berries such as blueberries and strawberries are rich in phytochemicals, such as anthocyanins, polyphenols, etc., which have powerful antioxidant effects and can help the liver protect human cells from free radicals and oxidative stress.
Yanggan tea is also helpful for the recovery of liver function:
Chrysanthemum: Create a better metabolic environment for the liver, detoxify and reduce fire, and nourish the liver.
Lycium barbarum: Warm the liver and nourish the kidney, prevent fatty liver, help the liver expel waste and toxins, and repair damaged liver cells.
Cassia Seed: Reduce the burden of liver metabolism, detoxification, nourish liver blood, and detoxify liver.
Honeysuckle: Relieve liver damage to the skin, nourish the stomach and protect the liver, and improve the metabolism of the liver.
Mix and match these ingredients to make tea bags, soak them in boiled water every day, and your liver will slowly recover. Of course, it is also possible to drink separately and drink alternately.
For people with hepatitis B or severe liver function problems (fatty liver, alcoholic liver, liver cancer, etc.), let’s look againBasic collocation plan of functional nutrients for high-end diet therapy:
1. Vitamin B, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, calcium and magnesium minerals;
2. Milk thistle, curcumin, coenzyme Q10, seal oil;
3. Grape seed extract, astaxanthin, flavonoids, garlic oil.
How to specifically target different individual and course of the nutritional formula, and at the same time combined with drugs and dietary methods, requires professional guidance.
Finally we come to understandAcupoint Therapy in Chinese Medicine: Taichong, Dadun, Taixi, Ganshu, Xingjian, etc.
Acupuncture, massage and other methods at these acupoints can help improve liver function, relieve the nutritional pressure on the liver, and promote the excretion of liver toxins.
Please consult a Canadian registered dietitian and health manager: Dr. Long.
*** Every article has been carefully written, edited and checked by Huizhou experts. Please trust the experts’ opinions and suggestions.If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org ***
Chelsea98.com-Smart Week One Million Dragon Health Project Kyle Long Hua Dr. Kyle Registered Dietitian, Registered Health Manager, from Smart Week Smart Finance Education GroupChelsea98.com-"Sincere. Clear. Efficient"
"Inver Grove" website related information;
Canadian Health Promotion Association https://www.healthleader.ca
Canadian Liver Foundation https://www.liver.ca