-Dr. Long will make more people happy, the health education of one million dragons, Chelsea98.com.
Fruit and vegetable juice is one of the important signs of modern people's pursuit of healthy diet and healthy life.
In the article "Carefully Choosing Small Household Grinding Appliances for the Health of the Family", the author introduces the use methods and principles of various household grinding small appliances and their influence on processed food.
Fruit and vegetable juice refers to a beverage made by squeezing juice from fresh fruits or vegetables. The juice of various fruits or vegetables contains different nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, natural water, dietary fiber, and antioxidants, and is regarded as a healthy beverage. However, due to various nutritional deficiencies, it is also used by some people. Considered a major shortcoming. The current juices are divided into concentrated fruit and vegetable juices, concentrated and reduced fruit and vegetable juices, non-concentrated and reduced fruit and vegetable juices, and homemade fruit and vegetable juices.
What are the benefits of delicious fruit and vegetable juices for the human body?
- lose weight:
Fruit and vegetable juice is a food with low nutrient density and low calorie density. It is popular among people who lose weight. Of course, because of its low calories and good simple nutrition, it can replenish the natural water, vitamins and minerals lost in the weight loss process in time. ,Antioxidants.
- Promote digestion and improve constipation:
Part of the cellulose in fruits and vegetables is cut more finely by the blender, which is conducive to the rapid absorption of the human body, and its rich natural water, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants can promote intestinal peristalsis, help the body to discharge toxins, and improve constipation.
- Prevent rapid aging of the body:
Because fresh fruit and vegetable juice contains natural plant ingredients (antioxidants and natural interferons or antibiotics), in addition to providing nutrients needed by the human body, it also promotes cell growth and prevents body aging.
So, what do you need to pay attention to when making homemade fruit and vegetable juices? "Maximize the benefits" What?😉
- Fruits and vegetables are divided into cold, cool and warm. A single fruit and vegetable juice has an adverse effect on people of different physiques;
That is to say, drinking cold fruit and vegetable juice every day for cold physiques is definitely not good for the stomach. Many people have cold stomachs and cold palaces, so it shouldn't be. Therefore, it is generally recommended to juice fruits and vegetables of various colors (basically, it can be regarded as a mixture of cold, warm, and flat). If you must target your own physique, you also need to know which fruits and vegetables are warm and which ones It is cold in nature.
- Fruit and vegetable juice contains natural anti-nutrients (resisting the normal absorption of nutrients by the human body, leading to the loss of some nutrients), such as oxalic acid, phytic acid, saponins, tannins, lectins, alkaloids and protease inhibitors, etc., because they have not been heated or otherwise (Such as sprouting and fermentation) treatment, the content of anti-nutrients is relatively high, it is easy to cause various stones or inflammations, and may also aggravate various inflammations or chronic diseases of the body. Therefore, if you add fermented foods to eat together, you can eliminate some unfavorable factors.
- One of the biggest problems with fruit and vegetable juice is that the natural methanol is released from the mixing process. It was originally hidden in plant cells. The concentration of different fruits and vegetables varies. Once methanol enters the body, it may be converted into formaldehyde (formalin) which is harmful to the human body, causing irreversible damage to the human brain and nervous system. The solution is to drink freshly, do not exceed 30 minutes. Of course, it is not allowed to stay overnight. Another problem is that vitamin C and other nutrients are easily oxidized (when encountering trace metal ions, especially copper ions, the oxidation is more rapid) .
- About bubbles. After squeezing the juice, it is best not to remove the foam on the surface of the fruit and vegetable juice, and drink it as soon as possible to avoid nutrient loss. Most people think that these bubbles are unnutritious and look dirty, so they will be removed. In fact, these foams are rich in a variety of enzymes (digestive enzymes) and antioxidants. After drinking, they can help the body fight inflammation and bacteria, and enhance immunity.
- Many fruits, such as grapes, grapefruits, blueberries, etc., contain flavonoids, which may reduce the activity of various enzymes and transport proteins in the process of drug metabolism, affect the efficacy of the drug, and some may even have adverse side effects. People who take medicine should pay attention to the time between taking medicine and drinking fruit and vegetable juice.
- Can fruits, vegetables or nuts containing anti-nutrients (oxalic acid, phytic acid, saponins, tannins, lectins, alkaloids, protease inhibitors, etc.) be blanched for a short period of time or baked at low temperature. Can they be stirred for juice extraction? ? The answer is yes. It only takes a little longer, but it’s healthier.
- Some people say that fruits are too sweet, so they only choose vegetables. In fact, vegetables also have problems.
- When raw cruciferous vegetables are ingested, isothiocyanates are produced, which compete with iodine to prevent the absorption of iodine by the thyroid gland, and ultimately hinder the production of thyroid hormones, leading to thyroid function decline. If the human body does not have enough iodine intake, or suffers from thyroid disease, and frequent intake of raw cruciferous vegetable juice, it will obviously aggravate this problem-thyroid function decline. The cruciferous vegetables exemplified here can be divided into 6 categories: Chinese cabbage-Chinese cabbage, Chinese cabbage, laver moss, red cabbage, etc.; cabbage-cauliflower, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage (cabbage) ), purple cabbage, etc.; mustards-leaf mustard, stem mustard (head mustard), root mustard (kohlrabi), etc.; radishes-all kinds of radishes; aquatic vegetables-watercress; cabbage varieties-rape, weeds, etc.
Of course, eating well-cooked vegetables usually does not bring about a big negative impact, and cruciferous vegetables have anti-cancer effects.
- Other types of vegetables also have other nutritional problems: For example, celery contains a natural substance called furanocoumarin (more in celery juice), which may block the enzymes needed to break down drugs (hypertension, anti-anxiety, etc.) So, friends who are taking medicine need to be extra careful. In addition, many people are mildly allergic to celery. Drinking a large amount of celery juice may aggravate allergic reactions, such as sore throat, itchy mouth, skin rash and other symptoms. Also, carrot juice, although not green, is carrot juice (oranges, oranges). , Papaya, tomatoes, etc.) contain high levels of β-carotene (the precursor of vitamin A in nature). Caroteneemia may occur when large amounts are ingested. One of the manifestations is that the skin appears yellow. Generally, after stopping drinking , It will get better soon.
- About dietary fiber. After the fruits and vegetables are stirred, the dietary fiber will be slightly damaged (some parts may be broken, depending on the speed, time and temperature). If it is not filtered, the problem is not big. But the current squeezing machine completely filters out the dietary fiber, so that the juice tastes better, almost the same as water, smooth, sweet and soft, but the dietary fiber that is good for the body is gone. Especially in the process of juicing, sugar and calories remain in the juice, a large amount of dietary fiber, potassium, calcium, etc. that are insoluble in water and have nutritional value are discarded with the pomace, and there are also anti-nutrients in vegetable juice (oxalic acid, phytic acid, phytic acid, etc.). The concentration of saponins, tannins, lectins, alkaloids, etc.) is higher than that of fruit juice, and these are not good for health.
- Agrochemical residues and microbial contamination of pathogens are inevitable problems for most fruit and vegetable juices. Organic fruit and vegetable juice is recommended. Commercialized organic fruit and vegetable juices must be preserved for a long time, and preservatives are bound to exist. This is a contradiction. The solution is to make homemade fruit and vegetable juice. Of course, if you occasionally drink a little commercial organic fruit and vegetable juice, you can use natural digestive enzymes and probiotics to eliminate the influence of various artificial food additives (preservatives).
When buying fruit and vegetable juice, be sure to read the list of ingredients and excipients:
- Whether it is concentrated, non-concentrated, original juice, reduction, etc., when buying fruit and vegetable juice, you must read the ingredient list, auxiliary material list, whether there are preservatives, sugar substitutes, sucrose, thickeners, etc.
Generally, commercial fruit and vegetable juices will contain artificial food additives. For consumers, of course, the less the better. But there is one additive that is very confusing, that is vitamin C, and some write ascorbic acid (in fact, vitamin C). Although most fruit and vegetable juices contain natural vitamin C, they are written as ascorbic acid, which is a preservative, and some manufacturers write vitamin C directly. It is difficult to distinguish whether it is natural vitamin C or artificial preservative. Natural vitamin C and artificial vitamin C are different in many aspects, such as whether it is esterified, whether it is combined with other antioxidants (such as vitamin P, flavonoids, etc.), and whether it is combined with other minerals.
- Both sugar substitutes and sucrose are taboos for weight loss, especially synthetic sugar substitutes (cyclamate, acesulfame, sodium saccharin, aspartame, sucrose, etc.) have damage to the liver and kidneys of the human body. But it's not enough to just see these, there will be a fructose in the fruit and vegetable juice, which is the core of "sweetness". The sweetness of fructose is 1.8 times that of sucrose, and it is one of the sweetest sugars. Therefore, under the same sweetness standard, the intake of fructose is generally only half of that of sucrose. However, the biggest problem is that fructose is usually not easily broken down. The human body first uses glucose, then the unused fructose will be broken down and stored as fat. Therefore, fructose is a taboo for weight loss. Moreover, fructose can also increase uric acid and lactic acid, which has a negative effect on kidney function. The solution is to mix fruits and vegetables and squeeze juice at the same time to reduce the fructose ratio, or use fruits with lower sweetness.
** Which fruits are suitable for fresh squeezing?
Choose high-moisture content, to ensure that it is fresh, ripe, and full of flesh.
Among the fruits, watermelon, pear, apple, strawberry, blueberry, lemon, citrus, kiwi, dragon fruit, pineapple, mango, etc. are more suitable.
Except for watermelon and citrus fruits that can be directly squeezed out, most juices must be made into a pulp (most of them are more starchy) by adding water when making them, such as apples, pears, and peaches.
There are some fruits whose seeds or cores are not suitable for consumption and should be removed before juicing, such as cherries, apples, plums, peaches, etc.
However, some fruit and vegetable seeds contain more antioxidants and have high nutritional value, such as grape seeds, pomegranate seeds, kiwi seeds, watermelon seeds, etc., which are best preserved when squeezing juice.
** Which vegetables are suitable for fresh squeezing?
Cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, beetroot, beets, celery, celery, lotus root, yam, bitter gourd, chayote, horseshoe, water chestnut, bell pepper, wheatgrass, okra, etc. can all be used to squeeze juice and have their own effect.
note: But for people with thyroid function problems, beans and cruciferous vegetables are not recommended;
Foods high in oxalate are also not recommended (avoid or reduce the serving size): such as spinach, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, celery, corn, kale, lettuce, spinach, leeks, garlic sprouts, onions, taro, etc.
** Which foods are also suitable for adding in freshly squeezed fruit and vegetable juices?
Turmeric powder, pineapple powder, blueberry powder, acai powder, pumpkin powder, carrot powder, orange powder, flax seed powder, chia seed powder, cocoa powder, etc.;
Walnuts, cashews, pine nuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, pistachios, Brazil nuts, macadamia nuts, etc.;
Raisins, dried blueberries, dried mulberries, dried figs, goji berries, black goji berries, etc.;
Healthy zero-added yogurt and cheese, etc.;
There are also white fungus soup, black fungus, millet porridge, oatmeal porridge, quinoa porridge, etc. that are cooked and placed at room temperature.
Fruit and vegetable juice has high nutritional value and is also a healthy food, but there are also potential health risks. The problems mentioned in this article also provide basic solutions. In short, the choice of ingredients, collocation, etc. of fruit and vegetable juice should be done according to one's physical fitness. For example, some friends think that seeds contain antioxidants or other nutrients, and they like to smash the seeds together for drinking. It also varies from person to person. Learning a little knowledge of nutrition is very helpful for improving immunity and avoiding the accumulation of toxins in the body. For more daily nutrition articles, please continue to pay attention to this blog post.
*** Every article has been carefully written, edited and checked by Huizhou experts. Please trust the experts’ opinions and suggestions.If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org ***
Huizhou Million Dragon Health Project Dr. Kyle Long, registered dietitian, registered health manager,-sincere, clear, efficient, FAH financial and health quotient education Chelsea98.com